Sunday 15 May 2011

Song 25 - Jeremy by Pearl Jam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA

Sorry another double up day. I was sooo tired yesterday, I couldn't do like anything. Anyways...onto le chanson.

I know a lot of people rip on PJ and just say they're Nirvana rip offs. Now I don't think that's true at all, I think there's a clear difference betweem the 2 bands sounds. You have to be nearly def if you can't distinguish between the 2. Not to mention they were rival bands xD Though I do like a few PJ songs (hence this post) I personally think Nirvana IS better.

This song has an important political message. I think this often lost in more modern music, not so many songs with messages. This song also is not just about big headline news. Infact, the very opposite. It's about paying attention to the 'small' tragedies that happen on a daily basis and not just going numb to it simply because we 'see too much of this stuff too often' or because the media doesn't shove it in ou faces.

Sorry for going on a little rant there...I'll end it off on a happier note. Something that kinda ruins the value of the song. I thought the lyrics were "Jeremy's more than class d" ad my lil sis thought it was "Emily's smoke'n weed." I thought hers was too funny. lol.

Onto the next song,
MusicNotes

1 comment: