Friday 29 April 2011

Song 11 - It's Always Something by Cage the Elephant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55_1_o8PnfY&playnext=1&list=PL61D46CD78338AD40
(the link is to a live video)

You many know this band by some more popular songs such as "Aint No Rest for the Wicked", "In One Ear", or "Shake Me Down". This song is my personal favourite though, whick is why I chose to share it instead of another more popular song. I find it's especially great sounding live. I don't know why but it sounds so much better than the album.

I know there's a lot of critique about CTE's live preformane. It's probably a 50/50 split. You either love Matt's flailing around or you think he looks like a complete idiot. I'm a lover! Why wouldn't you love someone getting really passionate and caught up in the music? It looks like the crowd is having a lot of fun with it too. I've always liked musicians that move around better than those who stand still. On another quick note about the live, I really looove Matt's voice in the end. It's so epic!What do you think? Anywhooo.....

Cage the Elephant are a great band. Out of a little town called Bowling Green in Kentucky, USA. One of the many many bands out there who deserve more credit than they actually get. I'm loving their new album. They are actually progressing in a positive direction, improving their sound as they get older. They don't sound like a lot of the new generic rock now-a-days. I'm loving a young band that brings back some 'old school' ideaolagy to their music. <3

2 comments:

  1. mhm I totally agree his voice is sooo awesome, I can't get enough of this song

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats ideaolagy?
    oh i dont like cage the elephant :( even though i like their name it reminds me of theres a rhino in my soup :) lol gts :D but their good i guess if you get past the not.. good part :) like camels if you get past the biting, spitting and farting their good :D

    ReplyDelete