Wednesday 20 April 2011

Song 2 - Open Wounds by Skillet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTFc1_vPe0

Hello :) Update #2. I was wondering what song to put up as number 2. There's so many great songs to choose from. Then, literally, a few minutes ago I came across this song. Open Wounds by Skillet. It must've been a sign or something because I can't get this song out of my head. As noted from a comment I read on my last post, I'll take a little more about the song this time.

Soooo the band skillet is a christian band, not what you guessed from this song, eh? I believe this song is about the lead singer, John's father. (There is however a newer song of their's in which John forgives his father.) I mean an emotion in itself isn't evil or bad. It's what you do when you feel that emotion that's evil or bad. Turning into an amazing song isn't bad. Right? This isn't their most popular song but I think it's filled with a little extra emotion compared to their others. It just so open and raw!

This is a song where if you ever feel like your stuck in a love/hate relationship this is great  to listen to. It's so relatable to your feelings. Honestly it's great if your just plain pissed at some one. Screw! It's a great listen any time!!!!

Anyways...comments would be appreciated. :) Till tom,
-MusicNotes

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. This song is slightly depressing/angsty but... i kindaish like it :) congrats. Haha thanks for putting in more detail about the band and tthe song, its helpful-- i guess thats the word. Lol i love "it mustve been a sign or something"

    ReplyDelete