Saturday 23 April 2011

Song 5 - Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDTZ7iX4vTQ

Such a great chill rock song. I find the first few times you listen to it you just listen to the music -that great bass line, the drum beat, and the sound of the lead singer's voice- and don't really pay attention to the lyrics. Well, pay attention to the lyrics! The song is about a homicidal kid! What?! How do you get such a chill easy going song when talking about such a thing? (I dunno!) It's amazing!

Seriously, this is one of the catchiest songs out there. (I sound a bit like a broken record, eh?) This song will literally get stuck in your head for hours. But thats OK because it's an awesome-sauce song. Personally though, I suggest only the album version. It sounds terrible live. Usually, I hate when a band sounds great on the album and suck live, but hey for this song I make an exception.

1 comment:

  1. I LIKE THIS SONG :o your so canadian you monkey.
    EH.
    i dont really care if the song is about a mass killer :) i still like it. it makes me get in touch with my criminal side >:o
    good choice my darling.

    ReplyDelete