Monday 2 May 2011

Song 14 - Blow at High Dough by The Tragically Hip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGRNEJiD3PY

I was wondering what song to put up next when I heard this song on the radio. Then I figured, yeah! Why not put up a Hip song? It is very awesome after all. I then realized how many songs I like are by Canadians. Which is just a nice little thing, to notice your country has produced a lot of people with very good music. I've known this before, but it's become more apparent in making this list, a lot of my favourite songs are older than I am. It would've been cool to hear these songs when they just came out. Not to say that they're not awesome anymore. Duh, I wouldn't put a song on the list if it wasn't awesome. Man, I just wish I could've been born earlier.

I like the message we hear in the chorus: " Well sometimes the faster it gets the less you need to know. But you gotta remember the smarter it gets the further it's gonna go..." It's so true. Occasionally there are moments in life when things just speed by and all we need do is enjoy. Most of the time we have to remeber though, be smart about something and you can take it surprisingly far. A great message accompanied by great music is a winning combo for a great song. :)

-MusicNotes

1 comment:

  1. :o i kinda like this one i liked it first cuz it has a cool name but then the song is okay :D so yah :D

    ReplyDelete