Sunday 15 May 2011

Song 26 - Hunger Strike by Temple of the Dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNjJR9jUGo

Another song with many Pearl Jam members? A political message? Anyone else see a theme tonight? LOL.

I didn't do it on purpose, I was just in the mood to listen to these songs. Meh, they're both great songs so who cares?

I have to say I LOVE the combonation of Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder's voices. They fit togehter so well! They have to do a duet with eachother some time soon!

The whole band was put together in order to make an album to comemorate Andrew Wood. To me though, in this particular song I don't hear the influence. I don't know, maybe I'm just being really dumb and not hearing it? If you do hear please comment bellow and explain it to me. I would greatly appreciate. :) Anyways, what I do hear in the song is that they have no problem stealing from the mouths of decadence-the wealthy, greedy, snobs who care  about nothing but themselves. In the meantime there are people in the world missing basic necesities, such as food. To stand up agains this they're going on a hunger strike. Inspiring? I think so. Maybe I'll go on a hunger strike sometime soon...

-MusicNotes 

1 comment: