Thursday 5 May 2011

Song 17 - Where I'd Gone by Aleka's Attic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSKVfD1E77s

A lovely song by a ltttle band called Aleka's Attic. Few people have heard of this band, probably due to the lack of songs out on CDs because of Michael Stipe. Also, the lack of material period due to the band breaking up because of frontman, River Phoenix's death.

I wish that they could've been around longer so we'd have more to listen to, but it makes what there is more precious. I really wish that River hadn't died, RIP Rio. He was such a beautiful person, and had a gorgeous voice. I could listen to Aleka songs over and over all day long. They sound like hippie meets 90s. A very rare sound that is their own sound. I don't think the sounds has been repeated nor will it ever be. It's aclectic, unique, and beautiful.

I wish the remaining members of this band (including River's sister) long, happ, and healthy lives. I wish the same for you too readers. Now I'll leave you with this beautiful song.
-MusicNotes

PS it inda makes me want to go outside and appreciate nature...?

1 comment:

  1. :o oh i should go for a hike now... haha i feel bad like im killing the world now. cant comment buh bye

    ReplyDelete